The KM Officer is generally responsible for supporting one or more projects with technical, programmatic, and administrative assistance.
Essential duties and responsibilities typically include elements of leadership and strategic communication and KM design.
Examples of specific activities that a KM Officer might be responsible for include:
- Identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to collaborate with other projects to identify their audience needs and develop tailored KM strategies
- Designing data collection materials and conducting key informant interviews, focus group discussions, and surveys to determine knowledge needs of primary and intermediary audiences
- Contributing to the design and implementation of tailored KM strategies according to needs assessment results
- Documenting field program experiences and lessons learned
- Communicating with partners and local networks to support the needs of the project and to promote KM
- Writing and editing technical reports and tailoring messages for relevant audiences.