There are five key steps in the systematic process for generating, collecting, analyzing, synthesizing, and sharing knowledge.
- Step 1: Assess Needs to understand the extent of the health program challenge and identify how KM may help solve it
- Step 2: Design Strategy to plan how to improve your health program using KM interventions
- Step 3: Create and Iterate using new KM tools or adapting existing ones to meet your health program’s needs
- Step 4: Mobilize and Monitor by implementing KM tools and techniques, monitoring their effects, and adapting your approaches and activities to respond to changing needs and realities
- Step 5: Evaluate and Evolve to explain how well you achieved your KM objectives, identify factors that contributed to or hindered your intervention’s success and its impact on program outcomes, and use these findings to influence future programming
Learn more information about the 5-step process.