You can save FP insight to your device's home screen so it will look and feel like a native app, but the great thing is that you don’t have to go to an app store to download it!
To add FP insight to the home screen of your mobile phone:
- Navigate to www.fpinsight.org in your mobile phone's browser.
- Click on the “upload” icon () on your phone’s menu and select “Add to Home Screen.”
- You will now see the FP insight icon on your device's home screen and can simply tap the icon to get to FP insight.
To add FP insight to the home screen of your desktop:
- Navigate to www.fpinsight.org in your desktop's browser.
- Click on the “install” icon at the far right of your desktop's URL/location bar.
- You will now see the FP insight icon on your desktop's home screen and can simply click on the icon to get to FP insight.
For those interested in the finer details:
FP insight is a Progressive Web App, which blends features of websites and mobile apps. This means that users can access FP insight directly from their web browser while also having the ability to add FP insight to the home screen of their mobile phone (or even desktop), like a typical native app, without having to download it from an app store, which can save time and valuable storage, especially on lower-tech devices.
Some of the benefits of Progressive Web Apps include shorter loading times, good performance in low-bandwidth conditions, and the ability to do some things offline, such as reading HTML articles offline.